(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
DID YOU KNOW: Cranberries help keep your risk of cardiovascular disease down!
- Put frozen cranberries in a smoothie
- Try cranberry juice (look for one with only cranberries as an ingredient – some are loaded with extra sugar)
- Make fresh cranberry sauce and eat it during the fall season, not just on Thanksgiving
- Swap dried raisins for dried cranberries, or craisins
WHY SHOULD I EAT IT?
- They have anti-inflammatory benefits that helps keep your blood flowing
- Cranberries protect you against urinary tract infections