(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
DID YOU KNOW: Just 1 cup of carrots contains 113% of your daily needs of Vitamin A!
HOW DO I EAT IT?
- Season steamed carrots with garlic, basil, and pepper
- Blend them into smoothies
- Shred and have them in salads
- Boil and mash them
WHY SHOULD I EAT IT?
- Carrots are high in Vitamin A which is good for your eyes
- Carrots lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer
- They are high in fiber!
Recipe of the Month:
Don’t forget to visit one of the 62 participating corner stores to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks. Need a list of participating corner stores? Click here.