(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
DID YOU KNOW: Dried fruit has a long shelf life and can last up to a year in your pantry!
HOW DO I EAT IT?
- Sprinkle them in salad
- Buy dried fruit and nuts to make your own trail mix
- Mix into cereal, and oatmeal
- Watch the ingredient label. Avoid dried fruits that contain added sugar or oil
WHY SHOULD I EAT IT?
- Studies have shown that dried fruit has twice the amount of antioxidants as fresh fruit
- They contain potassium which is essential to keep your body working
Don’t forget to visit one of the 62 participating corner stores to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks. Need a list of participating corner stores? Click here.