(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
How Do I Eat It?
- Peel and enjoy!
- Cut an orange into segments to make fun finger foods for kids
- Peel and slice oranges into segments to add a sweet taste to salads, or chicken and dumplings
- Squeeze fresh oranges and use the juice to soak fish before you cook it
Why Should I Eat It?
- Oranges are full of Vitamin C to keep you energized in the winter
- A single orange has your entire day’s Vitamin C
- Oranges make your heart stronger and healthier
- Citrus fruits like oranges will also help lower your blood pressure to decrease your risk of heart disease