(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
How Do I Eat It?
- Saute them lightly in oil with garlic and onion with them
- You can steam collard greens, dress with lemon juice and enjoy with a side of rice
- Add them to your salads with beans and lentils
Why Should I Eat It?
- Collard greens have a lot of Vitamin K (858% in a cup!). Vitamin K helps your blood clot, which is very important for diabetics
- They can detoxify your body of harmful chemicals and residue
- Reduces your risk of heart problems and strokes
- Collard greens are high in antioxidants!
Don’t forget to visit one of the 62 participating corner stores to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks. Need a list of participating corner stores? Click here.