(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
DID YOU KNOW cucumbers have lignans, which are proven to decrease the risk of heart disease and cancer?
Why Should I Eat Them?
- Cucumbers are anti-inflammatory and will reduce swelling. That’s why spas suggest you put cucumber slices over eyes to reduce bags and puffiness.
- Cucumbers also contain Vitamins C and B, which can keep you energized.
How Do I Eat Them?
- Slice cucumbers and dip in light ranch for a quick snack
- Try them on your salads
- Dice them up and add them to tuna or chicken salad to add some nutrients and color to them
- Have them on sandwiches or add them to a burger
Don’t forget to visit one of the 62 participating corner stores to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks. Need a list of participating corner stores? Click here.