(These tips brought to you by D.C. Central Kitchen’s Healthy Corner Stores)
DID YOU KNOW that broccoli is a natural cholesterol-lowering vegetable? Read on to see why it’s such a great pick at the farmers market this month:
Why Should I Eat It?
- Broccoli has 135% of your Vitamin C needs! Eat this to feel energized and your immune system boosted
- It has Vitamin D in it, which helps you absorb calcium for strong bones, as well as help repair sun damaged skin.
How Do I Eat It?
- Cut up broccoli and toss in pasta with olive oil and Parmesan cheese
- Boil broccoli and blend it to make a nice soup. Add garlic, salt, and pepper to flavor it
- Add cut up broccoli to a coleslaw or pasta salad for crunch
- Order broccoli as a pizza topping
Don’t forget to visit one of the 62 participating corner stores to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks. Need a list of participating corner stores? Click here.