Freshen up your chicken salad with fruits and veggies! This chicken salad, served in cute lettuce cups, helps make summer fruits and vegetables fun to eat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 Servings, 2 cups per serving
- 1 can all white meat chicken (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano leaves (or dry dill weed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 small Romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves (small)
- Drain canned chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, strawberries, spinach, and green onions.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, yellow mustard, oregano or dill, and black pepper.
- Gently fold the dressing into the chicken mixture.
- Measure 1/4 cup of chicken salad into each lettuce leaf.
- Consider adding blueberries, diced peaches, or halved grapes for a fruitier chicken salad.
- Instead of serving in lettuce cups, serve over 1 1/2 cups of leafy greens like Romaine lettuce and/or spinach to make it a salad.
Calories 58, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Sodium 121 mg, Total Fiber 1 g, Protein 7 g, Carbohydrates 4 g, Potassium 145 mg