Quick. Easy. Always Prepared.
- Dried Fruits.Take advantage of the vast assortment of dried fruits available and dress up your cereal or salads … or simply enjoy as a snack.
- Re-create leftovers to make a whole new meal. Use them in wraps or sandwiches, for quesadillas, in casseroles or with pasta.
- Pick up some frozen or canned fruits and vegetables for later in the week or for busy nights.
- Try a new fruit or vegetable or prepare a familiar one in a different way.
- Seasoning Combinations.Buy plain (unseasoned) frozen vegetables and create seasoning combinations using herbs, lemon juice, or garlic to keep out the fat and salt.
- 100% Juice.Look for fruit and vegetable juices that say 100% juice!
- Smoothies for Breakfast.Frozen fruit makes great smoothies for a breakfast on the run.
- Easy to Grab & Go.Fill up that fruit bowl so you and your family can grab and go.
- Meatless Meals.Plan one or more meatless meals for the week – there are endless possibilities for using dried or canned beans. They’re cheap too! Check out the variety in your store.
- Make More.Plan for leftovers so you have a ready-meal.
Finally … check out all these fruits and vegetables that are at the peak of their season during the winter. They will be the most flavorful and delicious.