Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but sometimes it can feel like you just do not have time to fit it in. Here are some quick, healthy, and easy to prepare breakfast ideas for you and your family!
Breakfast Burritos with Salsa (4 servings)
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup of low sodium canned corn (drained or 2 tbsp frozen corn)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/8 cup green peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, blend eggs, corn, milk, green peppers, and onions, for 1 minute with a fork until eggs are smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook egg mixture, stirring from time to time, until eggs are firm and cooked through.
- Wrap tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds until warm. Be careful when unwrapping the tortillas since they may be hot. Tortillas can also be placed in a skillet over low heat for 20-30 seconds or until warmed.
- Spoon cooked eggs evenly into the tortillas.
- Serve each burrito topped with 2 tablespoons of salsa.
Breakfast Pear Parfait (2 servings)
- 2 cups of your favorite oat cereal
- 1 pear (chopped)
- 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- Split one cup of cereal into 2 small bowls
- Add ½ of the chopped pears on top of the oat cereal
- Top each bowl with ½ cup of low fat Greek yogurt
Overnight oats (1 serving)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- ½ cup uncooked oats
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp walnuts (or your favorite nut), chopped
- Add oats to a bowl and pour in milk
- Layer Greek yogurt, banana slices, and honey
- Sprinkle with nuts
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning!
Thanks USDA for these helpful recipes.