Health Coordinators are valued voices in their community and offer a primary communications platform for dissemination and reach into the community.
Faith leaders and health coordinators are valued voices in their community and offer a primary communications platform for dissemination and reach into the community. Faith-based institutions serve as sources for trusted information and peer bonds and networks that encourage and support. The Health Coordinators have a huge role in the Healthy Ties program and its success. Health Coordinators are anchors for:
- Helping the community understand how lifestyle affects risk of chronic disease and the outcomes of these chronic diseases.
- Ensuring the community knows the available services for preventing, treating, and managing chronic diseases
- Assisting the community members in using the available services
- Convening and hosting meetings for community on nutrition, physical activity, stress management, preventive services, disease management, and more
- Record keeping and communicating with LCHC staff
LCHC/ChronicDiseaseLocal DC Health Matters Local Resources DC Health Link doctor directory Black Health Matters The Food Bank Network Get Help (more than just food, this lists resources for everything from healthcare to transportation to job training) DC Department of Parks and Recreation Facility Locator DC Food Finder AmeriHealth- Resources for Healthy Living Aging and Disability Resources Providence Hospital’s Health Library Transportation Services Local partner resource list