- This event has passed.
Asthma Awareness Month
May 1, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 31, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Millions of people in the United States have asthma, a chronic lifelong disease that affects the lungs. Asthma can cause wheezing, breathlessness, chest tightness, and coughing. Although asthma cannot be cured, it is possible to manage asthma to reduce and prevent asthma attacks, also called episodes.
It’s time to get asthma under control. Tips for successful asthma management:
- Know the warning signs of an attack.
- Avoid things that may trigger an attack.
- Follow the advice of your healthcare provider.
- Create a personal asthma management plan.
- Use your asthma medicine as prescribed.